Autumn has arrived and ushered in some cooler temperatures. This means that we can be a little more comfortable as my little one explores outdoors.
Here are 12 age-appropriate outdoor activities that we hope to try in the coming weeks.
Outdoor fall activities for infants
- Go for a walk and look at the bright fall foliage.
- Rake fallen leaves into a pile and play in them (make sure baby keeps the leaves away from his or her mouth).
- Visit a pumpkin patch. Enjoy looking at the bright colors and feeling the fun textures (smooth, bumpy, etc.) of the pumpkins.
- Feel the textures of leaves, acorns, squash, and pinecones (make sure baby keeps these away from his or her mouth).
- Enjoy the sights and tastes of a local apple orchard.
- Bundle up and sit out on the lawn while reading books.
- Enjoy the various sights, sounds, and movements of a hayride (make sure baby remains securely in the lap of a parent or older sibling).
- Watch a kite flown by a parent or sibling as it blows in the breeze.
- From a safe distance, take in the sights and sounds of a bonfire.
- Enjoy being pushed in a stroller by mom and dad as they participate in a Turkey Trot or other fall-themed walk or run.
- Take in the sights and sounds of a local homecoming parade.
- Sit out on a blanket with several gourds. Roll the gourds around, look at their colors, and feel their textures.
It’s time for us to get outside and try some of these!
What additional activities can you suggest? What outdoor fall activities do your babies enjoy?