Do you love getting cards in the mail from loved ones? I certainly do.
Though I loathe throwing the cards away, I don’t see any sense in stashing them away in a drawer where they contribute to clutter. Fortunately, I’ve discovered a number of awesome ways to reuse them.
Ways to Reuse Greeting Cards
- A greeting card can be transformed into a postcard with one easy snip.
- Beautiful wreaths can be fashioned with circles or other shapes cut from the fronts of cards. Though the two wreaths shown below are Christmas wreaths, you can make wreaths for other holidays if you have suitable cards.
- With some careful cutting and gluing, tiny baskets can be created out of the fronts of greeting cards.
- Flowers, animals, holiday scenes, and other images cut from greeting cards can be used as embellishments when scrapbooking.
- Simple lacing or sewing cards can be made by punching holes in the fronts of greeting cards.
- Triangles, circles, and other shapes cut from greeting cards can be used to make banners and garlands.
- The fronts of greeting cards can be cut into pieces to create simple puzzles for the little ones.
- Beautiful ornaments can be crafted from cards after some meticulous cutting and gluing.
- Gift tags and embellishments for wrapping paper can be made from card clippings.
- With the help of acrylic disks and Modge Podge or a similar glue, lovely greeting cards can be preserved as coasters.
You can find additional ideas on OF THE HEARTH’s Pinterest page. How do you reuse greeting cards?