As I changed the license plates on my car a few weeks ago, it occurred to me that I’ve gone through several sets of plates in the last decade and a half.
There has to be something creative I can do with the old plates instead of tossing them in the trash or letting them collect dust in a storage shed. Indeed, there are a number of awesome ways to reuse old license plates!
Ways to reuse old license plates
- Bend the ends of license plates to create incredibly simple bookends.
- Use tin snips to cut dragonfly wings from old plates to create a piece of garden art.
- Attach clips to license plates to make useful clipboards.
- Bend up the edges of a license plate to make a strong dustpan.
- Use tin snips to cut letters and numbers out of old plates, then attach magnets to the backs of these so you can write messages on your refrigerator door.
- Slightly bend a license plate in the middle to make a roof for a birdhouse.
- Bend a license plate into the shape of a square. Attach a 3 in. x 3 in. wooden block at one end and you have a cute pencil holder.
It looks like I have some projects to try once we get a little more settled! You can see additional ideas on my Pinterest page.
What ways have you found to reuse old license plates?