While wire hangers can always be employed for their intended use (you know…hanging clothes), I’m not pleased with their performance in this capacity.
As a result, the wire hangers my husband and I have are currently taking up space without providing any benefit. Hopefully, with the help of the ideas listed below, this will change.
10 Ways to Reuse Wire Hangers
- Shape regular hangers into special hangers for your flip-flop sandals.
- Use a straightened hanger as a roasting stick for marshmallows or hot dogs. (Use unpainted hangers only!)
- Shape hangers into letters, then wrap with yarn to make word art.
- Wrap a straightened hanger around the lip of a flower pot to create a ring. Then secure a second hanger to the ring so the flower pot can be hung.
- Shape a hanger into a circle and use it as a giant bubble wand.
- Create a photo, memo, or place card holder with a section of wire cut from a hanger.
- Manipulate hangers in multiple ways to build a trellis for plants.
- Remove hairballs from drains with a straightened hanger.
- Use a cut piece of wire from a hanger to plug an opened tube of caulk. Create a hook at one end of the cut piece so you can pull the plug out when it is time to use the caulk again.
- Make a catapult. (This would make a great rainy day activity for kids…or adults, I suppose!)
You can find more ideas on OF THE HEARTH’s Pinterest page. What uses have you found for old wire hangers?