Our winter has been so cold and snowy that we’re incredibly eager for spring! Though we’re only getting a small taste of warmer weather, we’re ready to begin using our spring menu.
As I’ve shared previously, I periodically develop monthly menus. We use each for 3 consecutive months before moving on to a new one (read more on why and how I plan monthly menus here).
I only plan dinners on our menus because we almost always eat leftovers with a side of fruit for lunch. For breakfasts, I typically make a few items on the weekends and freeze them for easy preparation on weekday mornings. Our recent favorites include honey wheat butterhorns, mini breakfast stratas, and breakfast sandwiches.
- Italian sausage bruschetta, green beans
- Ground turkey burritos, salsa rice, corn
- Grilled chicken sandwiches, lima beans
- Veggie marinara over cheese tortellini, cheesy bread
- Burrito bowls
- Hamburgers, green beans
- Italian grilled cheese sandwiches, side salad
- Chicken fried rice
- Loaded baked potato casserole, green beans
- Swedish meatballs over rice, lima beans
- Ranch macaroni & cheese, carrots
- Italian sausage pizza, green beans
- Cheeseburger quesadillas, balsamic-glazed carrots and potatoes
- Chicken parmesan, green beans
- Beef stroganoff, lima beans
- Italian sausage stew
- Philly cheesesteak casserole, carrots
- Creamy turkey noodle soup
- Italian tomato macaroni & cheese, green beans
- Chicken quesadillas, corn
- Balsamic chicken, tomato, and pepper orzo
- Meat marinara over spaghetti, green beans
- Chicken and noodles, carrots
- Braised beef tortellini, green beans
- Turkey potpie
- Grilled provolone sandwiches, green beans, parmesan-crusted potatoes
Over the next few weeks I’ll post recipes for some of the dishes on this menu.
What will you be eating this spring? What new recipes are you eager to try?