I’m chasing after a toddler and dealing with the fatigue of pregnancy, so I’ve focused on easy-to-prepare meals while planning my family’s menu for this spring.
I’ve detailed my menu planning process previously (read about it here). In summary, I develop a new monthly menu at the start of each season. We use each menu for the three months of that season before moving on to a new one.
I only include dinners on our menus because we generally eat leftovers with a side of fruit for lunch. I include one meatless entrée each week to save us a bit of money on groceries. For breakfasts, I typically make a few items on the weekends (e.g., breakfast burritos, stratas) and freeze them for us to thaw and heat throughout the week.
Here are the yummy dinners we’ll be eating this spring.
- Burritos, carrots
- Turkey and wild rice soup
- Taco salad
- Cuban ham and bean soup over rice
- Italian sausage stew
- Burrito bowls
- Red beans and rice with ham
- Italian tomato macaroni and cheese, green beans
- Beef stew
- Pizza, green beans
- Chicken noodle soup, rolls
- Meat marinara over spaghetti, green beans
- Santa Fe spaghetti, corn
- BBQ turkey sliders, green beans
- Cheeseburger quesadillas, carrots
- Cheese tortellini with marinara sauce, green beans
- Chicken enchilada stew
- Cajun chicken pasta, green beans
- Shepherd’s pie
- Enchilada macaroni and cheese, corn
- Cheddar and Swiss grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup
- Cheeseburger pie, carrots
- Chili mac, green beans
- Southwestern ham quiche, carrots
- Cheesy penne marinara bake, green beans
Over the next several weeks I will share recipes for a few of the new dishes on this menu.
What dinners will you be eating this spring? Will you be trying any new recipes?