Though it has been only two months since I posted my spring menu, we’re already moving on to our summer one. There were lots of tasty dishes on the spring menu, but morning sickness left me unable to consume many of them. Subsequently, I planned our summer menu and we’re enjoying it more successfully.
As I’ve shared previously, I periodically develop monthly menus. We typically use each for 3 consecutive months before moving on to a new one (read more on why and how I plan monthly menus here).
I only plan dinners on our menus because we almost always eat leftovers with a side of fruit for lunch. For breakfasts, I typically make a few items on the weekends and freeze them for easy preparation on weekday mornings.
- Penne Alfredo with chicken, green beans
- Taco salad
- Cheeseburgers, baked beans, side salad
- Mexican lasagna, corn
- Marinara and ricotta baked spaghetti, green beans
- Chips and queso
- Pepperoni pizza, carrots
- Monte Cristo wraps, corn
- Cheese quesadillas, tomato rice soup
- Yellow curry chicken with potatoes, carrots, and onions over rice
- Sloppy Joe macaroni and cheese, carrots
- BBQ chicken sandwiches, oven baked French fries, green beans
- Tortellini tomato soup, cheesy bread
- Chicken and noodles
- Loaded nachos
- Salad, cheesy bread
- Cheesy beef and hash brown skillet, lima beans
- Ham and cheese soup, garlic bread
- French bread pizza, green beans
- Meatloaf and gravy over rice, carrots
- Cheese tortellini with marinara sauce, green beans
- Red beans and rice
- Cheesy chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole
- Creamy mushroom pasta, green beans
- Creamy beefy noodles, carrots
- Grilled Swiss and cheddar cheese sandwiches, tomato soup
Over the next few weeks I’ll post recipes for some of the dishes on this menu.
What will you be eating this summer? What new recipes are you eager to try?