Summer is about to arrive and we are excited for lots of fun in the sun and for our new menu!
As I’ve shared many times previously, I periodically develop monthly menus. We use each for 3 consecutive months before moving on to a fresh one (see more on why and how I plan monthly menus here).
I make a habit of including at least one meatless entrée each week. This saves us a few dollars each month. I only plan dinners on our menus because we almost always eat leftovers with a side of fruit for lunch. For breakfasts, I typically make a few items on the weekends and freeze them for easy preparation on busy weekday mornings.
Our last menu was a little unique because I was going without dairy and soy in response to suspected food allergies in my breastfed infant. I’ve been able to reintroduce these foods without any adverse effects! We’re thrilled that the food allergies seem less likely. We are also happy to be able to include these ingredients on our menus again.
- Cheese tortellini in veggie-rich marinara sauce, green beans
- Mexican lasagna, corn
- Chicken broccoli macaroni and cheese
- Shepherd’s pie, green beans
- Southwest chicken wraps, carrots
- Pepperoni pizza, green beans
- Spicy lemon chicken over rice, carrots
- Chicken Alfredo penne, green beans
- Chicken and beef fajitas, corn
- Meatloaf parmesan, green beans
- Chicken fingers, carrots
- Tortellini tomato soup, cheesy bread
- Fajita quesadillas, corn
- Italian penne bake, green beans
- Cheesy beefy hash brown skillet, carrots
- Italian tomato macaroni and cheese, green beans
- Creamy beefy noodles, corn
- Philly cheesesteak casserole, broccoli
- Spaghetti with meat marinara, green beans
- Chicken soft shell tacos, corn
- Creamy mushroom pasta, green beans
- BBQ chicken potato skins, carrots
- Pepper, broccoli, and sausage skillet over rice
- Garlic parmesan chicken orzo, green beans
- Cheeseburger casserole, corn
- Pizzadillas, green beans
Over the next few weeks I’ll post recipes for some of the dishes on this menu.
What will you be eating over the summer? What new recipes are you eager to try?