As I did this spring, I’ve focused on easy-to-prepare meals while planning my family’s menu for this summer. We’ll probably stick with this menu until I give birth in July and then rely on freezer meals for a time. There are a lot of great meals here, so hopefully we’ll be ready to return to it by August!
I’ve described my menu planning process previously (read all about it here). In summary, I develop a new monthly menu at the start of each season (fall, winter, spring, and summer). We use each menu for the three months of that season and then move on to the next season’s menu.
I only include dinners on our menus because we typically eat leftovers with a side of fruit for lunch. I try to include one meatless entrée each week to save us a bit of money at the grocery store. For breakfasts, I generally make a few items on the weekends (e.g., breakfast sandwiches, butterhorns) and freeze them for us to thaw and reheat throughout the week. Sometimes we rely on hot and cold breakfast cereals, as well.
Here are the tasty dinners we’ll be eating this summer.
- Cheese tortellini in veggie-rich marinara sauce
- Mexican lasagna, corn
- Cheesy chicken and broccoli shells
- Creamy beefy noodles, green beans
- Chicken wraps, carrots
- Pepperoni pizza, green beans
- Cheesy beef and hash brown skillet, carrots
- Chicken Alfredo penne, broccoli
- Chicken soft shell tacos, corn
- Pizza casserole, green beans
- Club wraps, carrots
- Mexican rice bake
- Tortellini tomato soup, cheesy bread
- Smothered pork chops over rice, mixed veggies
- Creamy mushroom pasta, carrots
- Cheesy chicken and rice casserole
- Italian penne bake, green beans
- Slow cooker bourbon chicken over rice, carrots
- Spaghetti with meat marinara, green beans
- Slow cooker ranch chicken over noodles, corn
- Sloppy Joe pasta, green beans
- Slow cooker honey sesame chicken over rice, carrots
- Cheese ravioli in marinara sauce, green beans
- Savory turkey and rice bake
- Garlic parmesan chicken shells, broccoli
- Pizzadillas, green beans
Over the coming weeks I will share recipes for a few of the new dishes on this menu.
What will you be eating for dinner this summer? Will you be trying any new recipes?
Shared at the following link parties: