I know that we’ve entered 2016, but I did not get a chance to share my family’s winter menu last month when we began using it.
I’ve detailed my menu planning process previously. In short, at the start of each season I develop a menu that contains four weeks’ worth of meals. We use each of these menus for the three months of its respective season.
I only include dinners on our menus because we typically eat leftovers with a side of fruit for lunch. I try to include at least one meatless entrée each week in order to save us a bit of money on groceries. For breakfasts, I often make a few items on the weekends and freeze them for easy preparation on busy weekday mornings.
Here are the yummy dinners we’ll be eating this winter.
- Curry tortellini soup, rolls
- Cheesy chicken and broccoli orzo
- Ham slices, hash brown potatoes, green beans
- Easy Mexican lasagna, corn
- Shredded BBQ turkey sandwiches, green beans
- Chicken noodle casserole, carrots
- Pepperoni pizza, green beans
- Sloppy Joe macaroni and cheese, carrots
- Hamburgers, baked potatoes, corn
- Grilled chicken, Italian seasoned orzo, carrots
- Spaghetti and meat marinara, green beans
- Easy cheesy beef stroganoff, carrots
- Creamy tomato penne with broccoli
- Chicken cordon bleu pasta skillet, carrots
- Baked ricotta spaghetti, green beans
- Baked chicken, roasted root vegetables
- Sloppy Joe pasta, corn
- Nacho soup with tortilla chips
- Honey pepper chicken over rice, green beans
- Chicken tetrazzini, carrots
- Spicy lemon chicken over rice, carrots
- Chicken and noodles, side salad
- Pizzadillas, green beans
- Creamy turkey mushroom spaghetti, rolls
- Tortellini tomato soup, cheesy bread
- Cheeseburger macaroni, carrots
Over the next few weeks I’ll post recipes for some of the dishes on this menu.
What will you be eating this winter? What new dishes are you eager to try?